

Our living room. This is one of my favorite places to sit and read or listen to Old Time Radio. I found the chair at a local thrift store for $20.00. It is a Montgomery Ward mohair circa 1942. On it is a vintage barkcloth pillow I made and a quilt I got at a garage sale for $5.00. The lamp and table are also thrifted. The curtains are vintage barkcloth (5 panels!) found at a small town antique store. The pictures are just a few of my collection of vintage lithos. These are "Goes" from 1940 era. My furniture does suffer some damage because we have cats with claws. I found some old doilies at Goodwill and sewed them onto the chair to cover the snags.
16 comments:
Quite some lovely corners of your home!! You have great taste. - <3 Üdo
It looks divine. Does the radio work on your table?
What a gorgeous room. I love it all!
Thank you! Yes, the radio works: it's a Crosley reproduction.
That chair is to die for!!! And what a lovely play on the whole doily "chair set" thing to sew a doily on in a useful spot. What kinds of programs do you like to listen to?
Your house is my idea of retro heaven! Can I move in? ;)
oooh my word kitten i love your home...i just found your blog and doll i love it...it looks lovely...swing by my place sometime....cat
Love the phone and chair and...oh I love the whole room!
Love it.
The curtains, the pillow cases and the lampshade are totally yummy!
LOVE IT!!
You have a beautiful home!
Just stumbled onto your blog and am in LOVE with your living room. Just gorgeous.
Oh - I adore your blog !! Such tasteful decoration, such inspiring images on your posts !! Those arms on your sofa are incredible ! Cheers to another vintage chick !
Oh lovely and that lamp is spectacular!
Lovely room - I especially like that lamp. So cute!
The barkcloth you used on the cushions is delightful! I made the curtains in my living room from a palm frond print and have been looking for a fabric like yours to make highlight cushions. Must keep an eye out :)
Post a Comment